Thursday, December 17, 2009

Killing with Kindness

I'm having a really hard time lately. It seems the more people I meet in this business the more I'm told that I have to be assertive and demanding to get my way. But I ask this: how assertive and how demanding can you be without becoming an asshole? Where's the line? How do people get their way while making the other party involved feel good too? I want to get my way and be nice about it because in the end there's no need to be mean or degrading towards other people. There just isn't. And if that's how some people feel is the only way to act when they have to get stuff done then I don't want to be a part of it.

I'll admit, sometimes I am too much of a push over. I mean, the simple fact is there are some people in this world who will simply run over you if you let them. Yet at the same time, you don't fight fire with fire. You'll eventually get a reputation that will come around and bite you in the ass. So be nice. Play fair. Think positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment