Saturday, September 12, 2009

Picture Finish!

It's over!  The first feature film to shoot in Alabama since the state passed its film incentives act is done.  We wrapped production September 5th and now, as of last night, the office is done too.  However, of the 48 days I spent involved with the movie only 18 of them count towards my DGA goal. While  I was still a PA the rest of the time, no official call sheet for those other days means that they're not valid in terms of the DGA requirements.  

It sounds silly, and it's not meant to be easy, after all, a day is a day right?  Well, kinda.  A day on set is way more important than an office day in the eyes of the DGA.  Or at least that's the feeling I get.  

A really strict confidentiality agreement prevents me from spilling the beans regarding this finished project, but what I can say is that it was a lot of work, stressful, but fun.  Doing a feature film in 18 days is a bit like trying to run a marathon without stopping for water.  Despite the difficulties, meeting a ton of really awesome people who all had some really cool stories and tips to share made it well worth the effort.  

Where to next?  Just got booked for a four day reality tv show shoot in north Alabama.  We'll see how that goes.  Hopefully I'll get some more days to scratch off.

10:4.  Switching back to channel 1.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment